Patent protection is the most prevalent strategy in the U.S. and the world for monetizing invented devices and methods. Accordingly, investment in the patent process is often the first step taken by businesses and inventors alike. Rao DeBoer Osterrieder approaches this process with a hands-on, personal discussion of the technology at issue, and provides clients with focused service from disclosure through issuance.
In no area of legal service is it more vital to have professionals who understand the business, the science, and the financial strategy, as well as the law. It is not just about getting a patent ... it is about getting a patent of value.
Services related to the patent process include:
- Initial consult and overview
- Patent searches
- Patent applications (US and Foreign, i.e., direct filing or PCT)
- Portfolio management
- Licensing, assignment, contract review, non-disclosures, joint ventures, etc.
- Opinions: patentability, freedom-to-operate/clearance, non-infringement, (in)validity, design around, etc.
- Post-issuance procedures: post-grant review, inter partes review, ex parte reexamination, reissue, supplemental examination, and covered business method patent review
Rao DeBoer Osterrieder offers services in a wide array of technologies, including:
- Biochemical and Biomedical
- Biomass and waste treatment
- Computer hardware and software
- Food preparation
- Geophysical exploration
- Oilfield tools and services, including technology related to drilling and fracking
- Sporting goods
- Wireless systems
- and many more…