In contrast to other areas of intellectual property that receive attention, businesses routinely ignore or fail to understand the importance and ramifications of copyright law. A 2012 Commerce Department economic study showed "copyright-intensive industries contributed 5.1 million jobs and grew by 46.3 percent between 1990 and 2011, outpacing other IP-intensive industries." It is without coincidence that this growth parallels with the growth of the digital age and the internet.
Whether you are a photographer, writer, or engage in any other creative endeavor, you likely have a copyright portfolio. Rao DeBoer Osterrieder guides individuals and businesses to maximize their portfolio rights, and specializes in providing clients with zealous enforcement and defense counsel.
Services related to copyright include:
- Initial consult and overview
- Copyright enforcement
- Copyright infringement analysis & litigation
- Transfer and licensing of rights
- Cease & desist letters
- Notice and takedown
- DMCA agent service
- DMCA subpoena (Sec. 512(h))
- Registration, applications and prosecution
- Assignments and work-made-for-hire agreements